The play ended. Every man and woman in the theater stood up and gave a big applause, so were my dad, my mom, and my dear brother.
"Stand up my dear! Give them some respect for such a beautiful play," whispered my mother. I then followed her instruction, I stood up and applaud them. I can see Romeo's eyes still trying to sneak a peek on me while he gave a bow to the audience. I was blushing, I couldn't look at him, I didn't know why... that was the first time of my life... the first time I felt what Love is.
Everybody proceed to exit the theater.
"Um...Brother dear, what we usually do after the play?" I asked my brother, hoping for something.
"Well, I don't know about father, but I usually went backstage and give the actors and actresses some praise they should earn with mother."
My eyes widened and my heart leaped for joy. "C-can I come, brother?" I draw back a little, I didn't want to look too excited.
"Yeah, sure"
So me, my brother and my mother entered the backstage. It was a cramped hallway, full of people on a costume. I was left behind. I can see my brother and my mother farther ahead. A man coming out of nowhere, suddenly approaching my mother. It was the man playing Montague, but back then I didn't recognize him because I couldn't take a good look at him.
"H-Hey! Wait!" I tried to scream, but I guess it was useless.
'Montague' invited my mother and my brother into a room. They did not realize that I was still lagging behind, pushed by the other performers for the next play.
So me, my brother and my mother entered the backstage. It was a cramped hallway, full of people on a costume. I was left behind. I can see my brother and my mother farther ahead. A man coming out of nowhere, suddenly approaching my mother. It was the man playing Montague, but back then I didn't recognize him because I couldn't take a good look at him.
"H-Hey! Wait!" I tried to scream, but I guess it was useless.
'Montague' invited my mother and my brother into a room. They did not realize that I was still lagging behind, pushed by the other performers for the next play.
I yelped. My hand was held by someone.
"Princess?" a deep low voice that embedded in my heart. I froze as I look up to reveal him. "Come with me"
....
A rather small room might be the size of the under-stairs-room with a dim light shining on the light green wallpaper. On top of the bed we sat... silently... awkwardly. We take a look at each other shyly.
"Ehem..." I cleared my throat trying to break the silent, "T-thank you... Err... Sir... Umm"
"Oh... Umm... My name is Benedict Cumberbatch, Princess. And don't mention it, I just..." he didn't finished his sentence. He covered his mouth with white gloves he wore. I saw his face blushed and I became embarrassed.
"I...I should praise you for...the success of playing such a beautiful play...Errr...Sir Cumberbatch. You are a very talented man. Playing as the lead role of the story must be very hard, and you've nailed it... I mean... succeed it." I stammered. But I didn't look at him at all when I was saying it, I want to but my face refuse to turned to him.
"Oh um... Thank you, Princess Asha. Did you enjoy the play?" he asked.
"Oh well of course, Sir Cumberbatch." I suddenly turned to him, my body was shaking with excitement. "It was all brilliant work of art, the story, the twist, the actor, the tragedy, the.... umm... everything was absolutely brilliant! Let alone your performance as Romeo, Sir Cumberbatch, you are very intriguing, I can't take my eyes of you..!"
I covered my mouth. What was I saying?
The silent and awkwardness came back, the difference was that time we gaze at each other.
He smiled, gorgeously. "Thank you your highness. It is an honor for me to be able to entertain you," he kiss my hand. His lips was cold as ice on the north. I was shaking, my heart beat so fast, and my face was red. "Would you like to see the stage, princess?" he offered, still holding my hand.
"I would love to, Sir Cumberbatch"
At the Stage
Huge...
Like standing on the different world...
The feeling of being watched... by thousands of eyes...
I spin myself... Happily...
Sir Cumberbatch watched me with the same smile, "Is there any particular scene you love, Princess?"
I stopped spinning, "Oh yes" I answered very excited, "The balcony kiss". I stare at the balcony where Juliet was standing in the play. "Such a classic and romantic thing"
"Well, would you like to try standing on the Juliet's balcony, My Princess?"
I look at him with a bit shock, "May I?"
"Of course, It's this way, Princess"
I climbed the stairs he pointed. When I was on top of it, the feeling was great. Far greater than watching from the royal box. Sir Cumberbatch proceed to climb on the vines to the Balcony, just as Romeo.
"What makes you love this scene, Princess?" he asked when he reached the top.
"Well... I don't know... rather than love it maybe I'm jealous of it."
"What do you mean?"
"I'm jealous of Juliet. That someone love her big enough for him to climb the vines, just to steal a kiss. Not to mention he was someone as attractive as you, Sir Cumberbatch"
He fell silent, stared at me who was still busy admiring the view.
"You..." he stopped. "If I had to choose between Juliet and You, My Fair Princess..." His big left hand caressed my cheek.
We gaze at each other's eyes. That time I just realized... How looking at his extraordinary eyes, his big beady light green eyes, the most beautiful things I ever seen, very hypnotizing...
Slowly his face approached mine, he pulled my chin with his fingers... and our lips met. A sweet sensation filled my taste bud, all I can smell was his sweet perfume. I can feel Sir Cumberbatch's hot breath on my face.
"I will choose you. For you are My Juliet"
It was extraordinary, maybe because it was my first. He then stroked my hair, smile at me, it was a different smile, a smile of someone's in love.
Since that day...
We fell in Love
No comments:
Post a Comment